Tuesday, December 04, 2007

More diarrhea

Everything was ok for 10 days and then I got another bout of diarrhea last Saturday. I had a Dr appt today, but could not produce a stool sample at the clinic. It has now been 12 hours since the last rush to the bathroom so maybe it is over. Dr wants me to cut back on milk and dairy products to see if that makes a difference.

On the blood count side, my hemoglobin was 13.4, about the same over the past three weeks and still in the normal range. My white cell count is also ok, but my platelets have dropped back to 72. This means that I need to keep taking Lovenox (blood thinner) injections. If it had stayed above 100, I could have switched back to coumadin tablets which I last used in April. Dr has also reduced my Prednisone and Levaquin doses so I am down to only 10 - 13 pills a day.

Otherwise, I feel pretty good. We have had snow twice in the last 4 days and I have shoveled a couple of hours each time. Yesterday, I even cleaned out my mother-in-law's driveway. I resurrected her old electric snowblower which had not been run for over 30 years, but then hit a piece of wood under the snow and sheared the auger pin. I fixed it this morning and will get back over there tomorrow to clean up this latest snowfall. My 25 year old gasoline snowblower has a frozen exhaust valve that I am also repairing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the diarrhea was from too much turkey? We pray your condition gets better.

Anonymous said...

So glad you could help Eleanor.

Ken Brandt

Joyce said...

Stay warm, have a great holiday!
joyce