Thursday, February 01, 2007

Transfusion #34

Sounds like a broken record, but I had another transfusion today, only 9 days since the last. This makes the count 69 units of blood. I was in for my weekly blood test on Tuesday and discovered my hgb was 9.2. Yesterday, I felt so tired that I went home from work after lunch and slept the whole afternoon. After the transfusion today, I still took another nap as well. I have also had a lot of headaches and have been very itchy lately. I take Tylenol and Benedryl several times a day in addition to my regular medicines. As typical over the last couple of months, I made an appt for a transfusion for next week (Thursday) as well.

My other blood counts are normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Itchy symptoms maybe due to alergic reactions to Benedryl or just dry air from heaing systemin the winter.

Still praying and hoping for the best.