Wednesday, January 17, 2007

BMT Planned

Well, I met with my U of MN doctor today and decided to plan the BMT for around May 1st. This will be the best for my family since I will spend the first 3 to 6 weeks in the hospital and then will need to be isolated at home for another 8 to 11 weeks. The first 100 days are the most critical while the new bone marrow takes hold and my immune system is restored. The doctor will contact the BMT Center and we will meet next on March 7.

My Hgb was 10.2 today so I can wait until next week for another blood transfusion. Next week will be wild with a dentist appt as well. I should work a little extra this week to compensate. I am thankful that I feel as good as I do right now and it seems strange that I am going ahead with the BMT. "Walking through the valley of the shadow of death" (Psalm 23:4) is taking on a whole new meaning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray that the BMT will help and certainly wish you and your family the best as you plan for it. It might be nice to have some time as you recuperate to read, do computer stuff, etc. MBH

Anonymous said...

I hope things go well. It seems like a wise choice.

Ken Brandt