Saturday, December 18, 2010

Belated Update

Seems like I am in a cycle of updating this blog every 4 months.  I just had a couple of Dr appointments last week and remembered that it had been a while, but surprised that it had been that long.  I see my BMT Dr every two months and my liver Dr about every 6 months.  But when I saw my liver Dr last month, he ordered another abdominal ultrasound and another appointment which I had last week.  The ultrasound showed basically the same thing as last May, though there are some abnormal lymph nodes, Lymphadenopathy.  Both Drs don’t seem to be excited about it though.  Just another disease to add to my list.

My ferritin and iron levels are remaining steady at 41-42 over the last two months.  Normal ferritin levels are 20-300.  My last phlebotomy was on September 23 and it looks like I won’t need another.  I supposedly have Hemochromotosis, but so far my iron levels are steady.

Other problems that I still cope with are sensitive breasts, dry eyes & mouth, fragile skin, pain in my joints and neuropathy in my feet. My toes are always numb and it feels like I have a sock stuck in the toes of my shoes. I still check my blood glucose and take insulin shots each morning for my diabetes.  I also take Creon pancreatic enzymes to aid in digestion  and spironolactone & lasix to avoid fluid buildup. Finally, I am still on 10 mg of prednisone every other day.  Better living through chemicals.

Other than that, I see my eye Dr next week, my BMT Dr in 2 months and my liver Dr in 3 months unless something comes up in between.

I think back over the past 6 years since I was first hospitalized and the 3 1/2 years since my BMT and am thankful to be alive today.  I enjoy the time I spend babysitting my 11 month old grandson and being able to take a nap when ever I need to.  God has kept me around for a purpose and though I could never work at a regular job, I enjoy life and doing what I can do from the comfort of my home.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

No comments: